Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Temporada de tormentas - Del ruido y el espacio [2014]


Wow, so according to my music library I've been listening to this band since September but I definitely only rediscovered them until a few days ago. As I was cleaning out space on my ipod for new music I came across them and gave their most recent album a listen. I was unimpressed at first, the opening of the second song mostly just sounds like just another post-rocky emo band and I was just waiting for some trite screaming or at least some strained passionate yells. I was pleasantly surprised though when the vocals came through a bit more indie/pop or something of that nature (have you figured out yet that I'm not very genre-literate?). The vocals kinda push the music into a genre I haven't been exposed to much in Latin America, so hopefully by following these folks I can find some similar material. I wish I had gotten to see this band while I was living in Buenos Aires, but it just wasn't the scene I was most in touch with. They're from Haedo, which is a suburb of Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Okay, so maybe their music isn't totally bizarre or fascinating or makes you ask a hundred questions (for that, see Insumisión), but their stuff is beautifully crafted, really nicely performed and well recorded, which quite frankly pushes them above most of the Argentinian bands I found during my short stay. My favorite is "El heroe de la plaza." Check out their work on their bandcamp (linked below) and a really nice video of them playing two songs off this record that I can't embed.

Genres: Rock, Indie, Punk, Post Rock



1. Dolores Prats
2. Aterrizaje
3. Base secreta en moron sur
4. El heroe de la plaza

No comments:

Post a Comment